England cricket team
England Cricket Team: Current SquadAdil Rashid Bowler ODI T20I № 95 Chris Woakes All-rounder TEST ODI T20I № 19 Eoin Morgan Batting ODI T20I № 16 Jos Buttler Wicket-Keeper TEST ODI T20I № 63
England National Cricket Team: Facts and Records
The longest cricket match was 14 days long between England and South Africa
England’s youngest cricketer was just 18 years old.
Only the England cricket team has played more than 1000 test matches.
The first ever Cricket World Cup was held in England in 1975.
The women’s England cricket team won their first World Cup.
England cricket team: main achievements and composition
England cricket team is one of the oldest teams in this sport, which has been participating in matches with teams from other countries since the first half of the XVIII century. We tell you about the success achieved by the British in the international arena, about the current composition of the team and its rating.
The main achievements in the history of the England cricket team
If you are a cricket fan, you probably follow the team’s matches where the best players of England and Wales play (until 1992, cricketers from Scotland also played on the field in its composition). England cricket team is one of the oldest teams in the world, and this is not surprising because it was in this country that cricket was born.
The mention of the first matches of the English team dates back to the first half of the XVIII century, and in the middle of the XIX century, the British already played cricket with the Americans and Australians.
The England cricket team has been a member of the ICC since the very foundation of the organization – since 1909.
At the moment (June 2021), the English team has the following indicators:
- Test Cricket – 3rd place after India and New Zealand.
- ODI Cricket – 4th place after New Zealand, Australia and India.
- T20I – 1st place, ahead of India and New Zealand.
The national team is one of the most successful teams in the world and a worthy opponent at ICC tournaments.
- ICC Cricket World Club. The England cricket teamhas only one victory in this tournament so far; it was won in 2019. In addition, the biggest achievements were three appearances in the final: in 1979, when the West Indies won, in 1987, when the Australians won, and in 1992 – that year Pakistan won.
- ICC T20 World Cup. The England national cricket team has participated in all the cup draws since its foundation. There is also only one victory in this tournament; it happened in 2010. In 2016, the British took second place, giving the victory to the West Indies.
- ICC Champions Trophy. In the Champions Trophy, the British have not yet won a single title. The highest achievements are two appearances in the final: in 2004 and 2013 when the victory went to West Indies and India, accordingly.
|Tournament name||Number of titles||Years in which titles were won|
|ICC Cricket World Club||1||2019|
|ICC T20 World Cup||1||2010|
|ICC Champions Trophy||0||–|
The England national team also participates in the ICC World Test Championship – a very young championship, the first draw of which takes place from August 2019 to June 2021.
England cricket team: team composition and famous players
Like the national team of any other country, the England national team includes the best players who get a chance to show themselves on the world stage and earn international ranking points. At the moment, Dawid Malan occupies the highest position among the English in the ICC player ranking; he is on the first line in the Batting Rankings (T20I). Adil Rashid also occupies a high position in this type of cricket (the 4th line in the Bowling Rankings).
The second and fourth places in the All-Rounder Ranking (ODI) are occupied by Ben Stokes and Chris Woakes, respectively. Among the English Test Cricket players, Ben Stokes (2nd place All-Rounder Ranking), Joe Root (4th place Batting Rankings) and James Anderson (4th place Bowling Rankings) are the highest.
The full composition of the national team at the moment is as follows:
- Test: Joe Root (is the team captain), Sam Billings, Rory Burns, Zak Crawley, Ollie Pope, Mark Wood, Ollie Robinson, James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Jack Leach, Olly Stone, Jack Leach, Haseeb Hameed, Dom Sibley, Craig Overton, Dan Lawrence, James Bracey.
- ODI: Eoin Morgan (is the captain of the team), Sam Curran, Reece Topley, Moeen Ali, Liam Livingstone, Mark Wood, Jonny Bairstow, Matt Parkinson, Sam Billings, Adil Rashid, Jos Buttler, Jason Roy, Tom Curran, Ben Stokes.
- T20I: Eoin Morgan (is the captain of the team), Tom Curran, Jason Roy, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer, Chris Jordan, Reece Topley, Jonny Bairstow, Liam Livingstone, Mark Wood, Sam Billings, Dawid Malan, Jos Buttler, Adil Rashid.
Chris Silverwood coaches the England national cricket team; he is also responsible for the selection of players.
England National Cricket Team: table of the management and players
|Shirt Number||Name||Cricket Formats||Notes|
|56||Zak Crawley||TEST ODI|
|68||Dan Lawrence||TEST ODI|
|23||Liam Livingstone||ODI T20I|
|29||Dawid Malan||TEST ODI T20I|
|16||Eoin Morgan||ODI T20I||Captain (ODI, T20I)|
|66||Joe Root||TEST ODI||Captain (TEST)|
|20||Jason Roy||ODI T20I|
|22||Jofra Archer||TEST ODI T20I|
|59||Tom Curran||ODI T20I|
|25||Saqib Mahmood||ODI T20I|
|32||Craig Overton||TEST ODI|
|33||Mark Wood||TEST ODI T20I|
|70||Matt Parkinson||ODI T20I|
|95||Adil Rashid||ODI T20I|
|18||Moeen Ali||TEST ODI T20I|
|58||Sam Curran||TEST ODI T20I|
|31||Lewis Gregory||ODI T20I|
|55||Ben Stokes||TEST ODI T20I|
|15||David Willey||ODI T20I|
|19||Chris Woakes||TEST ODI T20I|
|51||Jonny Bairstow||TEST ODI T20I|
|7||Sam Billings||ODI T20I|
|63||Jos Buttler||TEST ODI T20I||Vice-Captain (TEST, ODI, T20I)|
|Ashley Giles||Director of cricket|
|Chris Silverwood||Head coach|
|Graham Thorpe||Assistant coach|
|Paul Collingwood||Assistant coach|
|Marcus Trescothick||Batting coach|
|Jeetan Patel||Spin bowling coach|
|Jon Lewis||Pace bowling coach|
|Carl Hopkinson||Fielding coach|
|James Foster||Wicketkeeping coach|
The England cricket team is one of the strongest teams in the world, which is very interesting for fans to follow. We regularly publish cricket tips for betting, including for the England team.
England cricket team: FAQ
Where is the England National Cricket Team in the ranking table?
As of September 2021, the England National Cricket Team occupies the following places: Test Cricket - 4rd place, ODI Cricket - 2rd place, T20I Cricket - 1th place.
In what year was the England National Cricket Team formed?
England and Australia were the first teams to play a Test match (15–19 March 1877), and along with South Africa, these nations formed the Imperial Cricket Conference (the predecessor to today's International Cricket Council) on 15 June 1909.
How successful is the England National Cricket Team?
As of 6 September 2021, England have played 1,040 Test matches, winning 378 and losing 311 (with 351 draws).